Loving God, Loving People
Making disciples of Jesus Christ
We are a church community longing to see lives changed by the love of the Father. To see those who are hurting healed by the name of Jesus.
And to see disciples of Jesus sent out as ministers by power of the Holy Spirit.
It is our desire and heart to be a welcoming community of love, mission, prayer, and worship. We would be more than honored if you came to check us out and joined with us in the renewal of all things.
History of PFUMC
Pine Forest United Methodist Church began over 50 years ago with the help of some far-sighted members of Dublin First United Methodist Church who recognized the need for a new Methodist church in the community. The current property was selected and purchased in early 1958. The Rev. James H. Wilson, the Dublin District Superintendent at that time, called a meeting for everyone interested to help select a name for the church, and on June 1, 1958 the name Pine Forest Methodist Church was chosen.
The first service and Sunday School were held on June 22, 1958 at the old Moore St. School. The services remained here until the first service took place in the Fellowship Hall on April 10, 1960.
With the leadership and direction of a variety of dedicated people, the church has grown and the facility has expanded to accomodate the present church. Our membership is currently 800!
We have two services – one contemporary at 9am and one traditional at 11am, along with an active Sunday School program. There are activities and groups for people of all ages!